We recently shared some of the upcoming features and enhancements to Business Central, from the latest Microsoft Dynamics 365 release plans. Now, it’s time to share some of the releases from the Microsoft Power Platform 2022 Release Plans, wave 1…
Microsoft Power Platform consists of four products: Power Apps, Power BI, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents. As well as two add-ins: AI Builder and Power Apps portals. The Microsoft Power Platform enables users and organisations to analyse, act and automate on the data to digitally transform their business and their digital strategy.
General availability and production deployment for the latest release wave will begin April 1st.
Power Apps will continue to enable developers of all skill levels to build innovative and business class apps for web and mobile. The new built-in collaboration features will enable teams to work on apps simultaneously as well as merge and track changes for faster and more seamless development. A noteworthy aspect of the release is that key updates will ensure that organisations can deliver apps across their company more efficiently and safely.
Power Apps portals
In the world of Power Apps, we’re looking forward to the investment into bringing more out-of-the-box capabilities to low code development to the PowerApps portal.
Some of these capabilities include:
- Converting portals into cross-platform mobile applications by enabling them as progressive web apps
- An option to use Global search powered via Dataverse search integration.
- Enhancements for professional developers to do more with portals using Microsoft Power Platform PAC CLI tool.
Not only are there new capabilities coming to Microsoft PowerApps, but there are multiple exciting enhancements being added to other members of the Power Platform family. Power BI continues to invest heavily in empowering individuals, teams, and organisations to drive data culture.
- For individuals, Microsoft will be improving the create experience through creation of measures
- For teams, the release will bring enhancements to goals focused on enterprise needs, integration with PowerPoint, and new capabilities to the Power BI experience in Microsoft Teams.
- Organisations will benefit from the improved experience with big data. This will be done through automatic aggregations, data protection capabilities through DLP, and providing improved visibility into activity to admins.
With integrations in Windows 11, Microsoft Teams, which helps in automating tasks no matter where you are, Power Automate will be more accessible than ever before. Features are also being added to make it easier for users to manage machines in Azure, and credentials of users and accounts.
All new features are increasingly automatable by default (adhering to the API-first approach), ensuring IT departments can manage their Power Automate infrastructure in a way that suits their business processes.
In the latest release, Microsoft will deliver improvements in big data performance and high scale connectivity Dataverse, Snowflake, Databricks, BigQuery and Redshift. Users can expect several enhancements across connectors, Gateway and VNet.
Find out more
If you’re looking to find out more and take advantage of capabilities from the new release, speak to our team today. You can also find the full details of the Microsoft Power Platform Release Plan here.