Recently a few of the Dynavics team members volunteered time to support the project at Pirbright Village School.
Our involvement in this great community project was all organised through the CMPP our Corporate social responsibility partner.
Pirbright Village School are currently in the middle of an exciting construction project: building a Nurture Farm which will provide vital pastoral support and therapy for children of all ages. With the core buildings pretty much almost all in place, there were a myriad of odd jobs which needed completing to help get the site ready for the forthcoming arrival of the animals and children.
This is where our team members stepped up; volunteering time to help out with a worthy local cause.
Some of the jobs we were doing while on site included:
- Laying paving slabs ready for a storage shed (mixing sand and cement and laying a nice level slab base)
- Constructing a planter out of wooden sleepers
- Reinforcing the front fence with wire mesh (to stop the animals escaping!)
- Constructing compost bins / bays out of wooden pallets
- Painting / treating the goat shed / stable
- Digging paths and borders
- Relaying paving slabs around the school pond
We had great fun outdoors helping out on this worthy cause. It made a nice change to being in the office in front of computer screens all day and we hope our contribution helps the facilities to open sooner!
Thanks again to our contacts at CMPP for organising this community action day and thanks to the staff at Pirbright Village School for their patience and also for the continuous supply of tea and coffee – plus the cakes too!
We look forward to sharing more stories of our involvement in local community projects over the coming months.